Monday, March 23, 2009

Why a Renaissance Chick...Part II

Because it is time for
a REVIVAL!

Because I need my voice
heard in the crowd...

Because I need
to be healed...

Because I was raised Southern Baptist,
I know all about REVIVALS!


WHAT?

Renaissance isn't about that
kind of REVIVAL?


Well, actually, I already knew that. I have always been confident that my degree in Literature would come in handy one day...and I was right! The Renaissance is associated with the words REVIVAL, RENEWAL, REAWAKENING and REBIRTH. It is time for a revival in my life...a revival of interests. I have spent so much of my life making a living and surviving that I neglected the things which make my life worthwhile. So it is time...I'm having a REVIVAL and you are invited!

Do I hear an AMEN?

I invite you to join me on my journey
of RENEWAL and REAWAKENING!

On The Renaissance Chick blog, let's not be afraid to state our real opinions...to display our true feelings...to be the voice in the crowd! Let's learn to appreciate who we are...where we came from...and where we are going! Let's create an atmosphere where this is no wrong answer and no judging tongue.

It is time for a REBIRTH!

Are you a Renaissance Chick?







10 comments:

The Texas Woman said...

I think I'm in...do I have to show my tits?

The Texas Woman

Sue said...

Easy answer my friend, YES!! This is my favorite part that you have written above, "I have spent so much of my life making a living and surviving that I neglected the things which make my life worthwhile." You rock and I'm so very much impressed with how damn smart you are!! You take care!

trash talk said...

Tell Cher I will if she will.
I so on board for honesty so preach on Sister Woman. Debbie

Teresa said...

AMEN! Sista! Can I be a witness?

The Texas Woman said...

OK, RC. As instructed by the mighty REVIVAL, RENEWAL, REAWAKENING and REBIRTH LEADER, I am devoting this whole day to refreshing my oil painting skills with a bunch of other old ladies in Navasota. I think it's fate...or a mistake, I'll let you know which. I was just telling hubby this weekend I needed to paint again. Then you started this crap about being who you/me were meant to be, the real you/me! THEN a student of mine mentioned painting in Navasota. Now is that fate or what???

Keepin' it real with a paintbrush!

The Texas Woman
P.S. Tell Trash we're bearing our all at Warrenton!

Woman in a Window said...

Awe, Teresa, I was gonna say Amen, sister. Wait, oh, shit, that's not in the spirit of the revival, is it? I mean, AMEN sista!

Anonymous said...

Damn right I'm ready Melisa. I have the name "BUBBLIN' OVER" for a reason. I like your idea. I seam to stay far far away from what I really think. Although I did post on a subject that pissed me off. Check it out if you'd like. It's called " Let's talk about it" look in my archives. It will give you a sneak peak at what I mean.
I'll be checking in.
Have a good one
Love Claudie
xox

The Texas Woman said...

I had a GREAT day of painting! And I owe a lot of it to you, RC! Thanks for the get-off-your-butt shove!

The Texas Woman

The Renaissance Chick said...

You go, Cher! We want to see the end result...the painting, that is! Anyone else want to "testify'? Come on down, Teresa!

Malisa
"We Flash for Cash" :)

Itkupilli said...

On board!